Saturday, February 18, 2006

Who's your Papa?

Wow. The one I knew the least took home the most last night. With approximately $21, 000 going into Final Jeopardy, Papa, the middleman, beat out the other men(?)/teenage boys. Nice guys don't always finish last. Guys with bad haircuts sometimes do.

Last night's show would have made for a very good story HAD Alex interrupted Andrew and Papa who seemed to be having a lively conversation when Papa selected his first (of two) Double Jeopardy clues. He didn't seemed enthused about it. And that caused me to think, this guy doesn't have what it takes, it is still anyone's game. (even though he was pulling ahead at this point). Well, it takes a big man to admit his faults and it takes an even bigger one (and a woman, in this case) to admit she had a contestant all wrong. Needless to say, Papa took it away and won the championship. Matt growled in the corner, wishing Mischa would take him away (a reference to the night before last night's Jeopardy) and Andrew and his suitcases were off. (to band camp, NOT boot camp, at least not yet).

4 comments:

Liza said...

I never thought I'd see the day when "What is Billy Madison?" as an answer on Jeopardy. (unless of course referring to James Madison's black sheep nephew, Billy)

Liza said...

Favorite part of the interview besides Alex egging Papa about his 'girlfriend' was Andrew's answer to: "Have you made long lasting friendships during the tournament?" Andrew: "I do believe I have". Someone got lucky.

Liza said...

hey jess, what are you-- the bush administration? All comments have to be approved by you? what do you think's going to happen? i wont make too many disparaging remarks about Alex.

Liza said...

apologies for the overly hostile comment-- I see that I am now a contributor and will use my powers responsibly. I just needed to be patient.