Thursday, March 02, 2006

Gripe Session #1


Don't you hate it when a contestant answers with the correct question at the same exact time you hear Bumbumbumbum. (that's supposed to be the time's up sound)
This is what happened to Amit on 'last night's Jeopardy'. The Torture Professor, Melanie (no joke) swept in and answered the question for a substantial amount of moolah. Talk about riding on other contestant's coattails.

To solve this problem, I think the question should be declared dead at that time. Viva la revolution! Who will stand outside the studio w/me? I'll provide the sandwich boards. Come one, come all!

That's what you missed, Jess. However, Amit came through in the end and won! I wonder what will happen tonight.
As a sidenote, this link will keep us in the loop, Glen.

6 comments:

Glen said...

So fancy with your links. Can't wait for you to enlighten me!

On a gripe session theme...

1. Please turn off the word verifiction. I can barely read as it is.
2. The blog postings are on Pacific Coast Time. I want nothing to do with La La Land.

Jess Shevitz Rauch said...

Word verification is off and time has been changed. I thought the blog is set up so we are all "all about last night's Jeopardy" moderators. You all can play with the settings for this one. Or can't you? Please advise.

Liza said...

Please comment on the posting.

Jess Shevitz Rauch said...

Wait. We are being provoked to comment?! Ok then. I like it when that happens. The contestant looks like an idiot. It's like dude, that's really unlucky. Sucker! Knowing how hard it is to pass the pre-test (more like pre-pre test) and then you finally get on and then you might lose even though you buzzed in AND knew the right answer. Man, tough break. Very funny as a couch sitter, I must say. Is that a case of schaudenfraude or what?!

Liza said...

Did I tell you that i saw a t-shirt that said "Couch University" with a picture of a C-o-'rugoingtothemall'c-h!

Glen said...

I just figured Jess that you were the Alex - or maybe that should be Alexa - of this blog and didn't even think I could change the settings. And as for your use of 'schaudenfraude'...you know that's now in our June/July 06 suitcase marked Munich, don't you?