Thursday, October 05, 2006

Who are 3 people we won't see on Saturday?


So, Wednesdays I have class at 3:45 and last Wednesday (that'd be yesterday) I hung around the house in the am and saw that Regis and Kelly were having none other than Alex Trebek as a guest. I immediately set my bowl of cereal down and used the remote to Tivo (DVR to be exact) the show.
I got to it tonight and was delighted in more ways than one. I will mention two ways.

1- They showed a tape of Alex on the first day of the 1984 (inaugural Trebek) season. Heh heh.

He looked funny.
He had a fro. There is no other way to put it. He actually used the word himself (not on the 1984 show but rather the October 2006 Live with Regis and Kelly show.) Alex has won 4 Emmys and Jeopardy! the show has won a total of 26. 26!!

2-Once the interviewers were "over" Alex, talk turned to Reege. And how he had been on Celebrity Jeopardy! several times.
ZZZZ.
All I could think was,
"Please dear Lord, no. Please don't make me watch Regis Philbin play Jeopardy! on Saturday morning."
My prayers were answered.

Regis said to Alex that he would see him tomorrow. Phew. And he also mentioned he was playing against Carson Kressley, and Nancy Grace of CNN. Well good! Although, as Jeremy and I discussed Regis might have been the one you wanted to see, what with his high energy and what not. Ugh. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the line-up of Reege, Carson and Nancy is NOT the best Celebrity Jeopardy! has to offer.


Side note: Jeremy and I have already seen Regis in person at the end of 2004 when we went to a taping of the David Letterman show.

No comments: