Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cash Cab or some form of...


I was forwarded the following about and open casting call in London...

"The Discovery Channel Seeks American Expats for New Game Show – Zena Martin
Celador Productions the creators of “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” is making a new game show for The Discovery Channel, and the producers are looking for Americans who live in the UK, possess good general knowledge and who will be in the UK during the entire month of October."

For the sake of the blog and my rep as a contributor, I felt I had to go down there and check it out. I mean, how many entries can I post about dodgy quiz shows in the UK. The casting call was in The American Church In London (random) on Tottenham Court Road-- I filled out forms and answered some pretty easy questions: a combination of multiple choice questions with picture choices and some fill in answers ex: What is the Japanese currency?. The producer there was from NYC but had been living in London for about a year. Then, a polaroid was taken and I had to say a few things on video like hobbies, where I'm from, etc. There were about two other people in there with me. I think I was the 87th sign up and the producer's goal was 200 sign ups. The show would be aired in the US and contestants can win up to $5000.

I don't think I'll necessarily be picked but I thought I'd share my trivia experience of the day.

3 comments:

Jess Shevitz Rauch said...

Congrats! That will be awesome if you are on the show! Jeremy and I will be happy to provide TV tips. Heh.

Jess Shevitz Rauch said...

BTW what are your hobbies?!

Glen said...

Whatever you do, if you make it onto the show (and of course you will), don't call me if you get stuck!